A Wild Poetry Slam
The Men of the “Age of Enlightenment” Pope, Swift, Gay, Sheridan
The Women who fomented the first feminist rebellion Montagu, Chudleigh, Lennox, Finch
Never heard of these women? Once heard, you won't forget them!
William Hogarth's Marriage á la Mode and the Rake's Progress set the visual ambience.
Hogarth's engravings depict the moral peril threatening to entangle the weak-willed, self-indulgent and unwary.
The Commedia characters Harlequin and Harlequin will transports you through five iconic themes of the 18th century:
1. Classic Mythology - Venus, Mars and Cupid in a Ballad Opera
2. The Pastoral - Shepherds and Shepherdess - An idyllic landscape.
3. Memento Mori - Consequence and Free Will
4. The Salon - A hotbed of Art and Malicious Gossip
5. The English Cottage Garden - Love’s new awakening
Love's Wild Desire
An original play edited and arranged
by Mariel McEwan
Love’s Wild Desire Persists in Perplexing.
Love, Seduction, Courtship and Marriage
in the 18th Century.